Academic Advisement

Bibb Graves Hall

We exist to provide academic advisement to undergraduate students who are either undecided in their major or are not served by a college. Because every student type differs, please refer to the following information in determining the location of your academic advisor.

  • Current or returning students who have declared or intend to declare a major are advised by the department of that major. You should contact your respective department to meet with their academic advisor.
  • Current or returning students with an undecided major should contact the Office of Academic Advisement to meet with an academic advisor.
  • First-Time Freshmen (entering college for the first time) are required to attend Gamecock Orientation (GO!) and will be assigned to a GO! Advisor who is a faculty member. During your first semester, you will be reassigned to an advisor in the department of your declared major. For more information on GO!, please visit Gamecock Orientation.
  • First-Time Transfer Students (entering Jacksonville State University after attending another institution) are instructed in your Admission Acceptance Letter about contacting an academic advisor in your declared major for academic advisement.
  • Students who have not applied and been accepted to Jacksonville State University must apply for admission and be accepted before class registration can take place. Please visit Undergraduate Admissions for more information regarding making an application to attend.

Video: Is Your GPA High Enough to Stay Enrolled at JSU?